Here is a little gift that I want to give to you that I have utlized in my life and the lives of my clients. It is a natural drink that has powerful antibiotic and antiviral properties in it which fights colds and flu. You can make this in small quantities and use when cold or flu symptoms appear.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh lemon balm or 1/2 teaspoon dried lemon balm
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground echinacea or astragalus
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated gingerroot or 1/4 teaspoon ground gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped dried licorice or 1/4 teaspoon powdered licorice
- 4 cups of boiling water
In a non-reactive teapot, combine thyme, lemon balm, garlic, echinacea,ginger and licorice. Cover with boiling water and steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a clean jar, cover with lid. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days. Drink 1/2 to 1 cup four times per day.
* Caution: Do not use if you have high blood pressure.
Enjoy this tea and allow it to bringing healing and wellness to your life.
Rochele M. Lawson, RN,AHP,CMS