Being an Unstoppable Woman in the Media Industry
What does it take to become an unstoppable woman in broadcast journalism in today’s society? How does one learn to ebb and flow as the journey into the realm of broadcast journalism and the media industry? Is it still a good old boys’ network, or has the door swung open for women to step into the good old boy’s network? How can women interested in broadcast journalism find opportunities that resonate with their goals? Is it possible to get that “big break” without jumping through all the hoops? What is Black Door Society, and are they affiliated with the media industry? Join Rochel Marie Lawson, The Queen of Feeling Fabulous, as she chats with Sharrarne Morton about being an unstoppable woman in the media industry.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why being ready for your big opportunity is key
- How to find a mentor that can guide you along your path
- Why networking is essential for finding opportunities
- Why it’s necessary to be confident even if you feel a bit intimidated
- If Black Door Society is part of the media industry and why you need to know about it